[Monthly Update: October, 2022] Being “Local Good Player” Brings Many Delightful and Exciting Opportunities
- On 2022/11/11
We feel the winter is coming here in Japan. The past October brought us a lot of joy and excitement. We will walk you through our delightful moments!
Local festival “HOSHITEN FAIR 2022 PLAY!! HOSHITEN!!”
We joined Yokohama’s local festival, “HOSHITEN FAIR 2022 PLAY!! HOSHITEN!!” on 9 October. The event was held by the railway and city development company, the sotetsu group, and aimed to revitalize Tennocho and Hoshikawa area.
Local bakeries, students, farmers, and artists gathered and set up their stores or activities.
Circular Yokohama collaborated with Aquaponics and Shonan Trading. We picked up and displayed some products based on the circular economy concept, such as:
- circular organic agriculture system by Aquaponics;
- upcycled bags and goods by Coco&K.;
- local made honey by Hachiiku;
- craft beer paper goods by kitafuku;
- recycled ocean plastic goods by buøy;
Also, we had a plastic upcycling workshop. Shonan trading brought pet bottle caps and a crasher bike. Participants crushed them into some pieces and made a plane-shaped keychain by themselves.
We are glad many residents, especially children, came by our section and enjoyed our showcase and activities.
We thank you everyone for having us at such a fantastic event!
Yokohama Circular Future Sessions
The city of Yokohama held Yokohama Kyoso Hakurankai (Yokohama Co-creation Exhibition) from 21 October to 28 October.
Circular Yokohama and LOCAL GOOD YOKOHAMA were official operating partners and had a talk session “Yokohama Circular Future Sessions” on 22 October.
“Yokohama Circular Future Sessions” was to accelerate partnerships within the young community, which aims to build a sustainable city, and to find new “Local Good Players.”
We invited 23 guests from 15 organizations and had five talk sessions;
- “Story” leads to sympathy. Yokohama’s sustainable business
- Contemporary welfare! The connection between creation and symbiotic society
- What will be formed by the association of Interaction across generations × Platform × Media?
- How to make “local” -create, connect, continue-
- Action and approach vary. Decarbonization in Yokohama
Each organization gave a presentation and did a cross-talk session. It was a great time when everyone interacted with others and discussed how we could make Yokohama sustainable, circular, and better.
We appreciate those who joined us as speakers and came to listen to our talk!
Esports & street cleanup “eSPOGOMI”
eSPOGOMI is a social activity in which people enjoy achieving SDGs born in Yokohama.
Circular Yokohama participated in the eSPOGOMI game on 15 October and won second place!
There were 18 players, from children to adults, and we were divided into six teams of three.
Both the esports game and trash picking were very intense. Everyone did the best and ended up picking around 15 kilograms of street trash.
We learned that eSPOGOMI is one of the best ways of getting people involved in environmental protection in a positive and fun way.
Thank you very much for all the excellent opportunities!
Find us on Social media!
Latest posts by 室井梨那（Rina Muroi） (see all)
- [Monthly Update: November, 2022] Wrapping Up the Brilliant Year! - 2022/12/14
- [Monthly Update: October, 2022] Being “Local Good Player” Brings Many Delightful and Exciting Opportunities - 2022/11/11
- [Monthly Update: September, 2022] Circular Design Sprint Gives Us a Question “Does material have to be material?” - 2022/10/18